Starting Jan 1, 2021, this portal will no longer support this browser. Please update to Edge, Firefox, or Chrome.

Frequently Asked Questions

Click on the question that interests you to see the answer. Click on "Show All" to see all the answers.
Accounts Payable

Accounts Receivable

Alton Community Development

Application Process for Consent

Application process for minor variance to zoning

Aquafit Classes

Arena Locations

Booking Arena Ice/Floor Time

Bridge Repair


Building Code Violations

Building Inspections

Burlington Accessibility Advisory Committee

Burlington Hydro

Burlington International Games - BIG

Burn Permits, Fire Prevention

Business Licenses

CAO Inquiries

City of Burlington employment inquiries

Civic Recognition Awards

Claims against the City of Burlington


Community Sports Contacts

Course information, how to register

Demolition Permit - municipal

Development Charges

Development Charges

Development, Mailing List, Current Planning Reports, Neighbourhood Meetings, Sale/Purchase of Planning Material

Emergency Planning/Preparedness

Entrance/Encroachment Permits

Environmental concerns and information

Environmental School Programs

Facility booking and rentals

Federal Government

Film Shoots

Fire Prevention - Daycare inspections, Fire Code Regulation

Fire Prevention - Education and Request attendance for Special Event

Fire Prevention - Occurrence Report

Fire Prevention - Smoke Alarms/Detectors

Fire Route By-Laws

Fire Services - General Information

Fireworks, Fire Permits

First Aid Courses

Golf Information

Grading, Drainage Permits, Site Alteration


Haul Restrictions

Heritage Buildings

House Numbering

How to become a volunteer Firefighter

LaSalle Park Marina

Lifeguard Courses

Liquor License

Lottery License


Mapping, Records, Surveys

Mapping, Records, Surveys

Municipal Service Locates

New subdivision road and property maintenance

Noise Complaints Firearms

Noise Complaints Nuisance

Non City Services

Official Plan

Parks and Facilities

Parks and Open Spaces Projects


Plans Examination

POA-Provincial Offences Office

Pool Locations and information

Program Registration Fee Assistance

Property Assessment

Property Standards Complaints and Information

Property Taxes

Provincial Government


Recreational Skating

Regional Services

Reporting technology problems


Septic Systems

Sign Permits

Sign Permits and Regulations

Skate/Blade/Board Parks

Staff Directory

Street Naming/Renaming

Swimming Lessons

Swimming Pool Enclosure

Theatre, plays, playhouses

Wading Pools/Splash Pads

Weed and Long Grass By-law (Private Property)


Zoning Regulation